The return of the Sant Antoni Medieval Seafood Fair after the break of the pandemic is one of the most anticipated events of this weekend. There will be four days of craft and gastronomic markets on the promenade and in the center of town, with entertainment by different music and theater groups throughout the day.
Another anticipated program this weekend is the Sant Miquel festival, which starts on Thursday and comes loaded with traditional activities and lots of music.
Also noteworthy is the XXX Festival de Poesia Lluna de Juny, which has prepared a very special program for the weekend to celebrate its thirty year history, with poetry accompanied by music and painting and its now traditional recital with great poets on Saturday.
The III Festival de Música de Cambra de Santa Eulària will bring music to the weekend, with a concert by the quartet Neuma on Sunday at the Jesús Cultural Center.
As for theater, the show ‘Soc una nou’, by the group Zum-Zum Teatre can be seen in Jesús and Formentera.
And the Temporada de Dansa del Consell continues, with the show for adults ‘Sumari de memòries i cicatrius’, by UNUM Project, at the Cas Serres auditorium.
There is much more for a packed weekend of fun and culture:
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH
XI Sant Antoni Medieval Seafood Fair
Fair with 80 craft and food stalls. Workshops and performances by eight music, theater and entertainment groups. From 10am to midnight at Passeig de ses Fonts, c/ Bisbe Torres, vc/ Rossell and S’Era d’en Manyà in Sant Antoni. Until Sunday, October 2nd.
Fiestas de Sant Miquel
- Cinema a la fresca: 7pm ‘El Rei Lleó’ and 8:30pm ‘Grease’
- 8pm: Foosball championship in Es Pi Ver.
- 5pm to 7pm: Painting workshop by the Taller Artístic Gartxi in the municipal premises.
- 8:30pm: Bingo in the square.
XXX Festival de Poesia Lluna de Juny: Concert by Carlota Planeur.
‘Imagilla’t’ Story creation workshop with Monma. 5:30pm at Cala de Bou library.
‘Normes, límits, premis i càstigs: educar des del respecte’ (Rules, limits, rewards and punishments: educating with respect), by Alberto Soler. For families and teachers. Cycle ‘Eivissa Viu l’Educació’. 7pm. at the Cultural Space Can Ventosa. Free admission.
‘Son Tango: between dream and wakefulness’ By Leonel Capitano and Juan Pablo Tabbita (Argentina, 2022). Divendres de Cine de Sant Josep season. With the presence of its director and also singer-songwriter and bandoneon player Leonel Capitano. Can Jeroni Cultural Center at 8pm.
‘L’obra folklòrica d’Isidor Macabich’, by the author, Joan Gomila Pere, the publisher Miquel Costa and the archivist Fanny Tur. Presented by Regina Mayans. 7:30pm at the Marià Villangómez Library in Sant Francesc. Formentera.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 1ST
XI Sant Antoni Medieval Seafood Fair
Workshops and performances by eight music, theater and entertainment groups. From 10am to midnight at Passeig de ses Fonts, c/ Bisbe Torres, vc/ Rossell and S’Era d’en Manyà in Sant Antoni. Until Sunday, October 2nd.
Fiestas de Sant Miquel
- 9am: Open day and bouncy castles at the municipal swimming pool.
- 9:15pm: Batucada with A Tutiplén.
- 10pm: Concert by Canallas del Guateke.
- 12am: Flower Power Party with DJ Sergio Mussa.
Fiestas des Figueral
- 10am to 1pm: Kayak outing. Games and children’s activities on the beach.
- 5pm: Entertainment and salsa dancing with El Pantera.
- 6:45pm: Batucada with Batuka Brazil.
- 7:15pm: Ball pagès with the Colla de Peralta.
- From 8pm: Concerts by My Generation, Shakatribe and Flordhiguera.
‘Sumari de memòries i cicatrius’, by UNUM Project. From 18 years old. Temporada de Dansa del Consell de Eivissa. 8pm at the Cas Serres Auditorium. Tickets 8€ in advance at eivissacultural.es, 12€ at the box office. Season tickets for several shows.
‘Soc una nou’, by Zum Zum Teatre. Children. 6:30pm at the Centro Cultural de Jesús. 8€ at www.santaeulariadesriu.com, 10€ at the box office.
XXX Festival de Poesia Lluna de Juny:
‘Homenatge a Antoni Marí Torres’. With Joan Murenu, Àngels Escandell and the Colla de l’Horta de Jesús. Presented by: Fanny Tur. 12 noon in the Church of Jesús.
‘Nit de la Poesia’. Recital with Sebastià Alzamora, Antonella Anedda, Iolanda Bonet, Mireia Calafell, Antonio Carlos Cortez, Isabel García Canet, Rodolfo Hasler, Raquel Lanseros, Josep Marí and Damià Rotger. Cello accompaniment by Miquel Àngel Aguiló. Presented by: Carles Fabregat. 9pm in the Cloister of the Town Hall of Eivissa.
Viu la Posidònia
- Kayak and snorkel tour in Talamanca with Kayac Ibiza. Reservation 971399232 or email@example.com. From 11am to 1pm at Talamanca beach.
- Paddle surfing with Anfibios Ibiza. Reservation 971399232 or firstname.lastname@example.org. From 9:30am to 12pm in Platja d’en Bossa.
- Paddle surfing with SUP Ibiza. Booking 971399232 or email@example.com. From 12 years old. From 12pm to 1:30pm at Talamanca beach.
- Astronomical observation. ‘Nit de Lluna i Posidònia’. With Teresa Marí. Limited places. Reservation 971399232 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Talamanca from 9:30pm to 10:30pm.
Youth in the street in Puig d’en Valls. Workshops of aerial acrobatics, parkour, mural painting, escape room, archery, laser combat… Concerts by Cristo Corona and Ryser i Camaleónicos, basketball 3×3… From 6pm to 9pm next to the Punt Jove of Puig d’en Valls. Free of charge.
Storytelling ‘Mia artista’, with Goretti Pérez.
UNUM Workshops and performances by eight music, theater and animation groups. From 10am to midnight at Passeig de ses Fonts, c/ Bisbe Torres, vc/ Rossell and S’Era d’en Manyà in Sant Antoni. Last day.
Fiestas de Sant Miquel
- 9am: Hip stretching class with Isa d’en Marcelino.
- 10am: Mass in honor of the elderly.
- 2pm: Lunch for the elderly at the restaurant 2000 in Benirràs.
- 4:30pm: Children’s party with workshops and bouncy castles.
- 8pm: Theater: ‘Miques, miquetes, miqueretes y micaroies’, by Grup de Teatre des Cubells, in the square.
‘Soc una nou’, by Zum Zum Teatre. For children. Cycle ‘L’Illa a escena’ of Formentera. 6pm at the Sala de Cultura (cinema). Admission 4€. Reduced price: 50% discount.
XXX Festival de Poesia Lluna de Juny: ‘Música i traç amb poesia’. Exhibition by Maria Vila, reading by Àngels Escandell and music by Santi Pérez. 12 noon at the Ebusus Cultural Society.
III Chamber Music Festival of Santa Eulària. Concert by the quartet Neuma, ‘Origen’. 8pm at the Centro Cultural de Jesús. Tickets at 10€ online at www.santaeulariadesriu.com or 12€ at the box office.
Opening: Friday September 30th at 7pm. Ala Refectori of the Town Hall of Eivissa, in Dalt Vila. Monday to Friday from 9am to 2pm until October 28th.
‘A su manera’. Group exhibition by artists Cristina Ferrer, Yoa Covas, Carolina de Ibiza and Ángel Zabala. Inauguration September 29th at 8pm. Far de ses Coves Blanques de Sant Antoni. From Tuesday to Friday from 5pm to 8pm, Saturdays from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 8pm and Sundays from 11am to 2pm. Until October 28th.
‘Retorn al sentir’. Collective exhibition by seven artists from Formentera and dance with the Taler de Movimiento del Valeria del Vecchio. Centre Antoni Tur Gabrielet of Formentera. Monday to Saturday from 11am to 2pm and 6pm to 9:30pm. Until October 6th.
Yolanda Costa. ‘Raíces’, paintings. Ajuntament Vell de Formentera Hall. From 11am to 2pm and from 6pm to 8pm, Sundays, holidays and Monday mornings closed. Until October 8th.
George Ten Kate: ‘‘La belleza del caos’ (The beauty of chaos), paintings. From Monday to Friday from 6pm to 9pm in the Club Diario de Ibiza. Until September 30th.
Josefina Torres: ‘Llaurant l’eteri’, paintings. From Monday to Friday from 10am to 1:30pm and from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at Sa Nostra Sala, c/ Aragó, 17 de Vila. Until October 14th.
José Antonio Martín Santos: ‘Ibizan Painting’. Hotel El Puerto Ibiza. Until October 20th.
AMAE against cancer. Collective exhibition of twenty artists of AMAE to benefit the fight against breast cancer of AECC. Ibiza Yacht Club. Until September 30th.
Julio Bauzá. Collages. Can Tixedó Art Café de Forada. Inauguration September 9th at 8pm. Until October 5th.
Marga Guasch. ‘Matèrica’, paintings. Walter Benjamin Hall of Sa Punta des Molí de Sant Antoni. Opening Friday September 9th at 8pm. Monday to Saturday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Until October 8th.
Antonia Torres Tur. ‘Under construction’, paintings. Garden Art Gallery, ctra de Sant Josep km 8.5 (Cactus Lombribiza). Opening Sunday September 4th from 7pm to 9pm. Monday to Friday from 9am to 2pm and 4pm to 7pm. Saturdays from 9am to 2pm. Until October 29th.
Pep Monerris ‘Bagaix’: ‘Carteles de discotecas de los años 80-90 y cuadros de temática electrónica’. Hotel OD Talamanca. Until the end of the month.
Eva Beresin. ‘Prácticas diarias de pecados capitales y otros disparates’, by Eva Beresin. At La Nave de ses Salines. From Wednesday to Sunday from 12pm to 8pm. until October 28th.
Angela Glajcar. Sculptures. Space Micus de Jesús. Inauguration July 9th from 7pm to 10pm. Open Sundays from 11am to 2pm or by appointment by phone: 971191923. Until October.
‘Hope for Syria’. Project of the artists Martina Pozzi and Laura Jabbour on the effects of the war on the historical artistic heritage of Syria. Temporary exhibition at the Museo Monográfico des Puig des Molins.
‘Una col-lecció d’art contemporani’. ‘III. Pintura i altres’. Works from Cati Verdera’s collection of contemporary art. La Mola Lighthouse . Every morning from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 2pm. Wednesday and Sunday from 5pm to 9pm. Until September 29th.
Sant Josep: Ecological and craft market. Every Saturday from 9:30am to 1:30 pm around the Town Hall.
Sant Jordi: Second hand market. Every Saturday from 8am to 3pm at the Hippodrome de Sant Jordi.
Las Dalias: Crafts, clothes, accessories and products from all over the world. Sant Carles. Saturdays from 10am to 5pm and Sundays from 11am to 5pm.
Sant Joan: Crafts, art, clothing, accessories and objects from around the world. Sundays from 11am in the center of Sant Joan.
Sant Rafel: Mostra artesanal. Products of the land and crafts of Ibiza. Thursdays from 7:30PM to 10:30pm next to the Social Center. Until September 8th.
Forada: Craft products and gastronomy market of Ibiza. Every Saturday from 9:30am to 3pm.
- La Mola Craft Market: Wednesdays and Sundays from 4:30pm to 10pm. From May 1st to October 12th.
- Sant Francesc Market: Every day from 10am to 2pm. From May 1st to October 30th.
- La Savina street market: Every day from 11am to 2pm and from 5pm to midnight. From May 16th to September 30th.
- Es Pujols street market: Every day from 7pm to midnight. From May 1st to October 30th.
- Sant Ferran arts and crafts market: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 8pm to midnight. From May 28th to October 1st.
- Second hand market of Sant Francesc: Tuesdays and Saturdays from 11:00am to 2:00pm. All year round.
For the full article, please visit Diario de Ibiza website here.